Never Ending Backlog: A.I. Invasion Recap
About the session
The session is a podcast episode from "The Never Ending Backlog Podcast" where the host, Zach, reviews the game AI Invasion.
- Zach: Host of The Never Ending Backlog Podcast
- Review of AI Invasion game
- Discussion on the game's technical issues
- Comparison to other games
- Personal experiences and stories while playing the game
Takeaway 1: AI Invasion is a top view dual stick shooter game with a "squad-based" aspect, but suffers from poor AI and glitchy controls.
The game, which is available on Steam, was described by the host as having a squad-based component that is "pretty much broken or light." He further elaborated on the issue by stating, "The AI is terribly controlled, unfortunately, and it is glitchy. Oftentimes you'll end up doing all the work and the AI will just watch you as you run around and kill AI."
Takeaway 2: AI Invasion suffers from various technical issues, including crashes and poor optimization.
The host shared his experience of playing the game, mentioning that it crashed several times and had issues with resolution settings. He said, "First of all, it allowed me to play 57 60 by 1080, which is the standard Nvidia setup for myself, which is basically three monitors that are 1920 by 1080 all into one giant monitor. Not three separate monitors, one giant one. Essentially it allowed me to choose that setting. So when the game loaded up, it's like stretched across all screens. Didn't look too stretched out. Looked like it could actually be work. Downside is it didn't adjust any of the ratios, so the confirm and start buttons all fell below the monitors, which is unfortunate because I couldn't confirm any settings to say like, okay, well, this is obviously isn't going to work. I'm going to try 1920 by 1080. The standard resolution, throw it on my middle monitor, should be just fine. No, can't confirm those settings."
Takeaway 3: Despite its flaws, AI Invasion does have some unique features, such as the ability to aim down when shooting from an elevated position.
The host pointed out a positive aspect of the game, where the character is able to aim down when shooting from an elevated position. He said, "For this, think of it as I don't know if you ever played Warcraft Three, but if you play their modded, like RPG, maps and stuff like that, the boss is traditionally just one of the normal enemies that's just enlarged, maybe a different color to make them look like oh, this is way different than the other ones I've been killing. So it's kind of like that, except Warcraft Three is old and they were using those assets inside the game. This place had no excuse why they did it this way, but that's how it is."
- AI Invasion is a top-view dual stick shooter with a squad-based aspect, but the AI is poorly controlled and glitchy.
- The game has technical issues, such as crashing multiple times and having problems with resolution settings.
- The audio and sound effects in the game are of low quality and repetitive.
- The game's controls are glitchy and the squad-based aspect does not work properly most of the time.
- The game has a poorly optimized performance and the developer, Game Art Studio GmbH, has a history of negative or mixed reviews for their other games.
1. "AI Invasion is a top view dual stick shooter with a squad based aspect. I use this in quotes as the squad based component is pretty much broken or light, you could say."
2. "I played it at 1920 by 1080 resolution and man what a horrible experience this game was."
3. "The soundtrack sounds like it was ripped from Golden Eye N64, but not the real Golden Eye N64, because that would actually be cool."
4. "Killing the Minions were easy in the game, but once you got to the boss, it went into insane mode."
5. "Unfortunately, it seems like it's a beginner game development company, but it's called Game Art Studio GmbH or German LLC."
6. "My review is always based on will I keep it or will I delete it? I'm absolutely going to delete it."
7. "The gameplay is very long, tedious, and repetitive."
8. "I have pain and nightmares from this game."